m4dsurg3on
Topic Author

Restoring redirected registry keys

13 Jun 2017 14:36

I am keep getting this error, just checked the .log file.

WARNING: Failed to delete registry value SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0\SetupPath, reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

WARNING: Failed to delete registry value SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0\SetupPath, reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

WARNING: Failed to delete registry value SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0\AppPath, reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

WARNING: Failed to delete registry value SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D\SetupPath, reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

WARNING: Failed to delete registry value SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D\SetupPath, reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

WARNING: Failed to delete registry value SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D\AppPath, reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

WARNING: Failed to delete registry value SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\SetupPath, reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

WARNING: Failed to delete registry value SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\SetupPath, reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

WARNING: Failed to delete registry value SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\AppPath, reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

WARNING: Failed to delete registry value SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SetupPath, reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

WARNING: Failed to delete registry value SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SetupPath, reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

WARNING: Failed to delete registry value SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\AppPath, reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

I'm almost sure it's not something on my side, can you check that? Thanks.

Paavo
Site Admin

Re: Restoring redirected registry keys

13 Jun 2017 23:36

You can safely ignore any warnings unless Migration Tool itself reports an error.

Logging will soon be replaced with something that's better formatted and more informative.

m4dsurg3on
Topic Author

19 Jun 2017 14:52

With all due respect Paavo but that's not entirely correct. As long as Migration Tool leaves the fake registry entries for older Prepar3D and FSX versions behind, every single app will think that I have all these versions installed wich is kinda annoying. You get the point. Thanks for making this tool in the first place.

Regards,
Sanjin

Paavo
Site Admin

22 Jun 2017 01:22

You are right. There was a bug that prevented some registry keys from being removed. I initially wrongly discarded that as an error message caused by the key not existing in the first place (thus the removal would fail).

It's been fixed in this version:
https://www.flightsim.ee/download/5261/